vacancy closes in
Port Agent Admin / Trainee
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with good organisational and communication skills, with a flexible attitude to work that is able to become part of a hard working team.
The successful applicant will assist Port Agents in all administration task and operational demands of vessel’s requirements on a day to day basis.
As part of the training programme for the role of Port Agent they will assist to co-ordinate / act upon all vessels’ requirements on behalf of the Principal as instructed by the Port Agent. Ensure that the Principals’ interests are protected at all times and always keeping close contact with all parties involved in the operations. This will mean that if deemed necessary they will also form part of the roster system in place for Weekend and Public Holidays work to cover for annual leave or sickness absence.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Holding of clean driving licence is essential Class “A” & “B”.
- Swimming Essential.
- Good seaman.
- Good all-round skills in MS Office applications and any other software used in the Agency Department.
- Ability and willingness to learn any new tools brought into the department.
- Technical awareness, i.e. able to comprehend the operating system environment used in the department.
- Ability to manage own time.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Proactively seek and share information with colleagues.
- Be able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- ISO Audit training skills.
For further information or to apply please email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications, Thursday 11th April 2019